Is it that we cannot have enough of technology or that its grip on us is one we can’t break of? However you wish to look at it, there is no denying the fact that technology has come to stay and its impact will never wean off in this present age and even in times to come. There’s certainly no aspect of life that has not been technologically impacted in one way or the other. However, the objective of writing this piece is to see how technology has influenced our lifestyle choices health-wise.
7 Ways Technology is improving our Health
- Gadgets on the go: With several gadgets like pedometer smart fitness watch, smart sports clothing and so on, we can now keep track of our physical activities as we go on workouts or work ourselves to shape at the gym.
- Virtual Health Assistant: Owing the advancement in Artificial Intelligence, the interaction between an individual and a virtual health assistant [available via mobile app] is now possible. This will help you gain first-hand expert information and/or advice about your health status without the need for a doctor.
- Online Medical consultation: The possibility of being able to connect with a doctor right from your smart mobile device means you do not have to leave certain health issues unaddressed just because of a busy schedule. There are an ample of healthcare solution providers that offer this consultation services on a 24/7 basis.
- Spa treatment in the Home: Having a massage chair that has been integrated with the certain technological innovations [like zero gravity seating mode, airbag technology, 3D body scanning technology and so on] makes it possible to have a relaxing massage session that eventually translates to sound mental and physical health.
- Dietary Guide: Through an ample of mobile apps like the ones designed by Healthout, NomNom and Tasty Burger App you are able to make healthy (-ier) dietary choices. Cutting out the junks is much easier with these dietary guides on hand. A site such as MovoMovo is also known to provide some tips on dietary intake.
- Health-Monitoring Gadgets: Aside devices that are used during physical exercises, there are handy gadgets that have been specifically designed to measure and/or analyze some health parameters like sleep pattern, blood pressure, blood sugar level and so on. This would enable one to know the state of one’s health and make specific adjustments as the occasion might demand.
- Health Education: The profundity of the internet has made it easy to pass on valuable tips on healthy lifestyle trends. It has become relatively easy to educate people world over on how they can live longer and better.
Technology has really been a blessing to mankind – though it may have its shortfall; it has nonetheless greatly helped man in many ways. And it will be out of order to say that we have seen all that there is as esearchers and technologists have probably got more innovations up their sleeves.